Monday, September 17, 2012

My Eager Anticipation



Every so often, I discover something that is to be introduced in the near future, whether it is a new movie, book, television show, or technological device, that becomes the main item of excitement and anticipation in my mind until it is released. Up until last Thursday September 13, it was the premiere of the fourth season of Glee on Fox.

But right now, I am insane about the release of the new film The Perks of Being a Wallflower that is based on the novel by Stephen Chbosky of the same name. What is interesting and so relieving to hear is that Chbosky is also the director of the film. It's so relieving for this to be a reality because Chbosky can direct the film the way he wants and the way he wrote it in the novel. I don't know why he would change or omit something out of the film that is already in the novel. It's a movie he's directing based on his own novel for goodness sake, but I digress.

Anyway, I really cannot wait to see this film. It comes out September 21 (but it's limited) and if there's a midnight premiere, you know I'll be getting my ticket right away.

I read and finished the novel not too long ago and I completely fell in love with it. It's about this freshman named Charlie. He has some minor personal and mental issues, he tries to cope with his best friend's suicide, and he is shy and introverted as he begins high school. But he meets two seniors, Sam and Patrick, who live life to the fullest and they bring Charlie into their circle of friends and help him come out of his shell. As the school year progresses, relationships are made, drama conjures up, and Charlie comes to terms with his life and how it must be lived along with the obstacles it may bring. Charlie's new friend's help him become part of the real world.

What makes this film more anticipating is that Emma Watson is in it.

I absolutely loved this novel and what I didn't know before was that my sister had also read the book in high school and she also loved it. I guess I have someone to go with who loves the novel just as much as I do.

I have been waiting for this film ever since I saw the trailer. Even though it is a limited release, I hope I'll be able to actually see it opening weekend.

~La Vie Boheme~

No comments:

Post a Comment