Thursday, September 6, 2012

Innovative Bands or Sellouts?

I haven't been a big fan of bands lately. When I say bands, don't mean what people call bands now like One Direction or The Wanted where there is a group of incredibly good looking guys just so they can make girls drool and make money. I mean bands like ones with a group of guys who each play an instrument that is vital to create music.
I used to like Maroon 5 but not anymore. They were good in there "Songs About Jane" days and I absolutely loved their next album "It won't be soon before long." But nowadays, they have completely sold themselves to the mainstream media that I cannot deal with them anymore. Yes "Payphone" is catchy and fun to sing to in the car, but it's like they're just trying to make money. Maybe it happened right after lead singer Adam Levine became a co-host of NBC's "The Voice." But I digress.
Probably the only band I love right now is Coldplay. I went to their concert when they were at the Verizon Center on July 8th, 2012. I was supposed to go with my sister but she was unavailable so I had to go with my mom because of the short notice. They know how to put on a show. It was incredible!
But I recently discovered a new favorite band. They're name is Imagine Dragons and my favorite song by them is called "It's Time." I first heard of the song because I heard that Darren Criss' character, Blaine, on Glee is going to cover in on the first episode of the show's fourth season, set to air September 13th, 2012 at 9 p.m. I then discovered that the same song was used as the background song for the trailer of my current most anticipated film called "The Perks of Being a Wallflower."
But Imagine Dragons only had an EP album with I think around five songs. But they just released their first full album. I usually listen to music on Spotify but I may purchase this album on iTunes just because I love it so much.
But now, I'm hoping Imagine Dragons doesn't eventually sell themselves to the mainstream media, like Maroon 5, just because their song is being covered on one of TVs most popular show.

~La Vie Boheme~

No comments:

Post a Comment